Tuesday, December 06, 2005

More sane people

I've always like Austin Murphy at SI. Maybe it's because he's the one usually writing about the Ducks, and that experience he had in kicking camp a decade ago was one of the articles I remember most from my days reading SI as a kid.

But, he really delivers with his latest column, Wake up and smell a playoff. Mr. Murphy lays out the argument about why the BCS is messed up and how exciting a playoff would be. I'm in total agreement. Even Mack Brown, who is in the BCS title game, had this to say about it:
"Whether we like it or not, our sport is money driven, and therefore it's fan driven," he says. "I don't want to lose our fans, and right now I see more excitement in the Final Four than I see in the BCS."
I'm not sure I understand how they would lose their fans, but he's dead on that the Final Four is more exciting.

Ignore those announcers on ESPN and ABC, who keep saying how great the BCS is. Boycott the BCS, so that we can get a playoff.

Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home